Sorry, nothing in cart.
Your safety is of utmost importance to us. All new climbers to our gym are given a short induction in the use of all safety equipment; this only takes a few minutes.
Should you have any concerns, our friendly staff will be available to assist you further until you are confident with the equipment.
We use only 10+mm dynamic climbing rope on all our top-rope routes. Ropes run over ‘slow-go’ pulleys and Petzl GriGri belay devices, which are self locking to ensure the climber’s safety. Carpeted gymnastic mats have been installed along the base of our walls to further maximize safety.
We also have an evacuation procedure in place.
Rockface maintains $20,000,000 Public Liability insurance.
Please email us for a copy of our current Public Liability Certificate.
- All climbers and belayers must complete a Rockface registration form before they use our facilities: REGSITER ONLINE NOW.
- No person is permitted to do anything which will injure, or increase the
likelihood of injury to, themselves or anyone else in the gym.
- You may belay only after instruction by a Rockface staff member. You must not
instruct, or accept instruction from, other Rockface patrons.
- Climbers must wear appropriate footwear when climbing.
- Climbers must climb as close as practicable directly up your rope line.
- Climbers must not traverse to far left or right of your rope.
- You must buddy check each other every climb; carabiners must both be
clipped correctly and locked.
- Belayers must clip into the belay.
- Belayers must pay attention to their climber at all times, ensuring no slack in
the live rope (to the climber) at all times.
- Belayers must lower climbers in a slow and controlled manner, exercising
care for other patrons nearby.
- Be aware of lead climbers being lowered around the gym.
- Climbers using their own equipment must ensure it is suitable for the
intended purpose and in a safe condition.
- “Caution route setter” signs must be adhered to and kept clear of.
- You must be approved by a Rockface staff member to lead climb.
- Belayers must be standing while belaying.
- Parents/Guardians are to ensure no running or horseplay by their children
whilst at Rockface.
- We recommend you use a spotter when bouldering for added safety.
- If you are not climbing, you must remain off the mats at all times to ensure